The Newborn Screening Family Education Program (Navigate Newborn Screening) is dedicated to supporting families through their newborn screening journeys. We know that the pandemic and other emergencies have impacted how we receive and navigate the healthcare system. It's important that we share information, resources, and tools that can help you adapt to the changing system and support you in making the right decisions for your family.
Whether you want to read, watch, or engage in content, we have crafted our resources to meet you where you are.
Below are resources or tools that you can read, download, and share with your community.
- From Emergency to Everyday: Lessons Learned from Provider Reflections on a Year of COVID-19 in Newborn Screening
- From Emergency to Everyday: Lessons Learned from State Newborn Screening Programs on a Year of COVID-19
- COVID-19 and Newborn Screening: Exploring Family-Centered Telehealth Experiences
- FOR FAMILIES: Emergency Preparedness Resources
- FOR PROVIDERS: Emergency Preparedness Resources
Below are videos that range from 3 minutes to 60 minutes that you can watch and share with your community.
Short videos (3 minutes):
- A Parent's Perspective: Advocating for Your Child's Healthcare Needs During an Emergency
- A Parent's Perspective: Building Community During an Emergency
- A Patient's Perspective: Identifying Local Resources During an Emergency
- A Provider's Perspective: Newborn Screening Through an Emergency
Full length webinar recordings (60 minutes):
- From Emergency to Everyday: Family Reflections on a Year of COVID-19 in Newborn Screening
- From Emergency to Everyday: Provider Reflections on a Year of COVID-19 in Newborn Screening
- From Emergency to Everyday: State Newborn Screening Program Reflections on a Year of COVID-19 in Newborn Screening
Engage with our newborn screening content by completing a FREE educational module on newborn screening during the pandemic. This module shares why newborn screening is important, how to follow-up on screening results safely, and where to find more information.
Have questions or interested in learning more? Email Marianna Raia ([email protected])